Australian Governance Academy
As a board director you are sitting at the apex of an organisation. To guide and keep this organisation safe, a board director needs to have amassed a variety of skills.
* a full understanding of how business works
* clarity on the business model of the organisation and the influences on it
* how to set and deliver strategy
* evaluation and management of the risks and opportunities
* an understanding of the industry and global impacts
These skills take time to develop and are both, theoretical and intuitive, born of the experience of application.
They say it takes 10,000 hours to master a skill and each of the above skills are a complex tapestry of underpinning skills.
A governance program can give you the underpinning skills to practice in your workplaces.